Monday, May 3, 2010
Cottan, Cold Water and Cucumber
How do you stay cool in the summer? there are some special trick that keeps you cool despite the blazing heat?
Cottons are the way to go this summer, the looser the better!
Loose, flowing shirts, skirts and dresses in light or pastel colours are a great way to not only look cool but stay cool as well.
Also, pick up a pair of sunglasses that offer you UV protection.
Now this doesn't mean you rush out and buy yourself an AC car. Instead...
• Throw a couple of water bottles in the freezer and carry them along when you leave home. This will ensure you have something cool to sip on for a few hours at least.
• Instead of walking, take the bus/train. Your destination might not be too far, but choosing not to walk will help avoid the direct heat of the sun, and prevent avoidable physical exhaustion.
• If you are travelling around the city, duck in to an air-conditioned mall or shop and cool off for a while if the heat gets too much to bear.
• Arrange a day picnic at a water park. This is a great way to stay cool and have some fun in the bargain. Rising temperatures have a way of hiking tempers, and while this may not be an every-day solution, splashing about with friends and family is a great way to cool off and chill out.
• Carry a small spray bottle with water. Whenever the heat gets too much to take, just spritz your face, arms and neck.
• If you tend to perspire a lot, treat yourself to some coconut water, lemon juice or fresh fruit juices to keep your fluid intake up.
• For the exercise freaks out there, pick cooler times in the day to work out. Early morning and late evening would be best. Also, instead of pushing your physical limits, try to just maintain them. This will help prevent over-exertion through the day as you go about your daily activities.