Intercourse of the sexual kind is also known as copulation, consummation, penetration and sexual union. The popular slang that is considered vulgar includes - Bang, frig, hump, lay, quickie and ride.
1. There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
2. The Durex - World Sex Survey indicates that globally we are having sex -
103 times per year, or
1.98 times per week, or
0.28 times per day.
3. Certain foods can boost your sex drive and the list includes - lean meat, Grains, Watermelon, Pumpkin Seeds, Almonds, Bananas, Strawberries, Mangos, Avocado, Chilies, Basil, Cardamom, Figs, Pepper, Champagne, Oysters, Chocolate, Truffles, Caviar and Whipped Cream.
4. Sex can burn about 70-120 calories for a 130 pound woman, and 77 to 155 calories for a 170 pound man every hour.
5. The Americans and Greeks top the maximum number of sexual intercourses - they do it 124 and 117 times respectively a year. The Indian do it only 76 times a year but the Japanese men seem to be the least interested and only do it 36 times.
6. Sleep studies show that men have about nine erections during a night's sleep - regardless of what they dream.
7. In 2004 porno star Lisa Sparxxx created a very unusual world record - she had sex with 919 men in 24 hours.
8. There are over 4.2 million porn websites in the world and growing everyday with millions of videos depicting sexual intercourse in various Kama-Sutra postures.
9. The ancient Sanskrit Hindu book – Kama Sutra describes a total of 64 sexual positions for making love and sexual intercourse. These are very graphically depicted in the sculptures of Khajuraho and Konark Temple. He describes making love as "divine union".
10. In Africa one of the common myths that prevailed has been that sexual intercourse with a Virgin can cure AIDS. Deflowering Virgins has been popular in the past too so much so that Fatafehi Paulah, King of Tonga in the 17th century - deflowered 10 virgins a day and during his entire reign had slept with 37,800 virgins.(source:mediindia.net)